Warning- these no-bake trail mix bars may be addictive! If you enjoy the flavor combo of sweet and salty tastes, you’ll definitely want to give these a try. These snack bars have a similar vibe to the familiar, no-bake oatmeal balls or bars. Though since these are made with loads of nuts and seeds, these trail mix bars are a snack which will keep you from feeling hungry again in an hour. And, therefore, keep you and/or your kids from raiding the pantry…. again. Win, win!
If you’re quarantined at home with young kids, this is a great recipe to make with them, also. Lots of measuring, lots of pouring. A little mixing. No raw ingredients which need to be cooked before consuming. No waiting around, shooing people away from the oven. Just mix it all and press it into a pan. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Then you can move on to my favorite part – sinking your teeth into this gooey, crunchy, salty-sweet, scrumptious trail mix bar. Yum! Now go raid the pantry and get no-baking!
No-Bake Trail Mix Bars
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup banana chips
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips make sure dairy-free
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted I use refined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pulse pecans, walnuts, and banana chips in food processor until coarse in texture and crumbly.
- In a large bowl, whisk coconut oil, sunflower seed butter, honey, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour nut and banana chip mixture into the large bowl with wet ingredients. Add coconut flakes, raisins, and chocolate chips. Using a spatula, mix to combine.
- Line an 8×8 glass pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture into lined glass pan. Press down evenly into pan. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer. Cut into 12 bars. Store in the refrigerator.