In the mood for a smoky, satisfying dinner which can be cooked in a single skillet? Try this Tex Mex Sweet Potato Beef Skillet. It’s chock full of vegetables – satisfying sweet potatoes, sauteed onions, wilted spinach, creamy avocado, and layers of flavor boosting ingredients, including lime juice, scallions, cilantro, oregano, and cumin! This skillet meal also has a variety of textures thanks to the mix of cooked and fresh produce. Grab a spoon and dig into this one dish meal tonight!
Tex Mex Sweet Potato Beef Skillet
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (omit for paleo, AIP)
- 1 large handfull spinach
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add all ingredients under "Beef" ingredient heading above. Stir occasionally until fully cooked and browned. Remove from heat, pouring into a bowl and covering.
- In skillet, add sweet potatoes, olive oil, 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are lightly browned and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Add ground beef back into pan along with corn and cook until heated. Remove from heat. Add spinach and gently incorporate while allowing spinach to wilt.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, lime wedges, scallions, and cilantro.